Patrons applying for the right to use the David & Joyce Milne Public Library agree to comply with all its rules, pay all damages, be responsible for all materials borrowed on their account, and comply with all library circulation policies.
- Books, Audio Books, and Music CD’s: 21 Days
- All E-Books and Digital Media: 14 days (no renewals)
- VHS Tapes, DVDs, and Magazines: 7 days
- One renewal is allowed on items checked out to patrons (an additional 21 or 7 days); subsequent renewals are at the discretion of the owning library.
- Patrons are allowed 50 items checked out on their record at any given time, regardless of format.
Patrons can pay fines by cash or check at the Library, or by credit or debit card online. To pay online, go to the catalog and login to your patron account.
- DVD’s and VHS tapes: $1.00 per day, with a $5.00 maximum fine limit per ITEM
- All other materials: $.10 per day with a $5.00 maximum fine limit per ITEM
- Library patrons with more than $10.00 in fines will be blocked from borrowing materials from any of the C/WMARS libraries until they get their total under $10.00
- Email reminders are sent out 2 days prior to due dates. Late items TWO WEEKS BEYOND DUE DATE will generate an emailed notice and/or phone call to the patron. Items not returned ONE MONTH BEYOND DUE DATE will be billed to patron for replacement cost. 45 DAYS BEYOND THE DUE DATE a certified letter will be sent to the patron warning that the account may be submitted to the Northern Berkshire District Court and that a complaint may be issued on behalf of the library.
Reserve and ILL (Inter-Library Loan) Items
- ILLs are due on the date specified by the owning library
- Items are held for 7 days on the “hold shelf” at the circulation desk
- Renewals on ILL items are at the discretion of the owning library
Most materials have a default replacement fee that is automatically assessed by the circulation system. This default price is based on the retail cost of an item. Patrons MUST pay the fee directly to the library and may NOT purchase the replacement themselves.
Payment for lost or damaged material can be made by cash or check (made out to the Milne Public Library).
Incomplete/Missing Parts of Items Returned to Library
The item will be immediately renewed to the current borrowing patron, remaining their responsibility. The patron will be called and notified about the missing part. The incomplete item will be put on the library’s “problem shelf” and only checked in once it is complete.
Our staff is required to open and check the contents of all items being loaned out to patrons to make sure the item is complete. This check is also performed on items being returned.